an industrial adventure

The industrial adventure of the Feuquières glassworks began in 1897. There have been many milestones on the company’s path. All of these have been important and contributed, in their own time, to the creation of this global luxury bottle-making specialist.


The Feuquières glassworks are created. It is no accident that the glassworks are constructed in this village at the source of the Bresle. The Bresle Valley has been a stronghold of French glassmaking since the 15th century, due to the abundant energy source provided by the surrounding forests.


The business comes under the control of the Saint-Gobain group. Small bottle production runs become the key area for growth.


Luc Desjonquères and his family purchase the entire share capital from Saint-Gobain.


Loïc Quentin de Gromard takes over as manager of the company and decides to specialize in premium glass bottles for wines and spirits.


Société Autonome de Verreries adopts the company name “SAVERGLASS”, marking both its technological development and international contacts.


The SAVERDEC decoration business, responsible for all finishing operations (satin finishing, screen printing, pad printing, etc.), is created.


The company becomes the first French ISO 9001-certified glassmaker.


Saverglass starts developing bottle models using original designs to support brands as they move towards premiumisation.


SAVERGLASS launches a cosmetics and perfume bottle business 


Saverglass acquires Tourres & Compagnie, the acquisition doubles the tonnage of glass producted and responds to growing demand from the wine market. 


The Desjonquères family transfers control of Saverglass to a consortium of investors: Natexis Industrie, now named Ixen Partners, Natexis Investissement and Crédit Agricole Private Equity.


A  third production site is created in France: Alphaglass, located in Arques (Pas de Calais), in response to high demand on the Extra White Premium market. This new tool increases Group production capacity by 40%.


On 4 May 2011, Astorg Partners completes its purchase from IXEN Partners, Crédit Agricole Private Equity, Euromezzanine and the Desjonquères family of 75% of the capital of French group Saverglass; the remaining 25% of the capital is held by its employees.


A fourth production site is created in the United Arab Emirates, specializing in the production of Standard Premium wine bottles, and Alphadec, a new production unit dedicated to decoration, is launched in Arques (62) in France.


Opening of a new decoration plant (Alphadec) in Arques-France.


The CARLYLE Group, one of the world's leading private equity groups, acquires Saverglass.


The fifth production glass site, with a new unit dedicated to decoration, ic created in Mexico.