Glassmaking at Saverglass
The Group's Glassmakers proudly claim the Expertise handed down from generation to generation. They express their creativity through spectacular decanters and bottles that blend the mastery, quality and purity of the glass from Saverglass.

A Strong Identity
of a Glassmaker

Located not far from Paris, Feuquières has dazzled the world for more than a century, thanks to the expertise of its master glassmakers.

Today, the glassmakers of the Saverglass Group all share a passion for
glass in the French factories of Feuquières, Le Havre and Arques, as well
as further afield in Ras Al Khaimah (Dubai) and Acatlán (Mexico) or in Ghlin (Belgium).

They cultivate a strong identity and proudly own their expertise passed down from generation to generation, while following technological advances. They express their mastery and always renewed creativity in the bottles they create and produce. 

Glass: Pure and
Infinitely Recyclable

The beauty of our glass comes from the power of fire, the purity of sand and a craft honed over 100 years of glassmaking experience.

At Saverglass, pure sand, soda and lime make up 95% of our glass composition. The remaining 5% are the most critical, changing the mechanical, chemical and optical properties and affecting the fusion and refining of the glass.

Glass is also the ultimate eco-friendly material as it is the only packaging material that is both 100% and infinitely recyclable.

Glass: an “expert” mix

All the components in the glass are carefully measured and taken by a conveyor belt into mixers to produce a homogenous mix, to which cullet from our own production is added. Through this method, recycled glass is used to save both energy and raw materials.
The batch is then continuously added to the furnace. The melting temperature of 2700°F allows the different components to melt and fuse to form a homogenous blend, before it is moved through distribution channels called “feeders”.

Un mélange « savant »

The magic
of glass transformation

The feeders then form a gob or drop of molten glass, perfectly calibrated in weight and shape. Depending on the production, the size of this gob can range from one fifth of a pound for a 5-cl miniature to 10 pounds for a Mathusalem-size bottle. It is then cut neatly and dropped into an “IS” forming machine.

Forming the bottle entails:

  • Precisely shaping the glass gob using a metal plunger and compressed-air.
  • Creating a hollow glass container.

This procedure involves two steps:

  • The molten gob is blown or pressed into an intermediary shape that includes the finish of the bottle.
  • This “blank” is then transferred to a finishing mold, where it is blown—with the help of compressed air—into its final shape.

Today, the automatic production process guarantees optimal quality and consistency.

La magie de la transformation

The guarantee of beautiful
and reliable products

Finally, a heat treatment is applied to the finished products to ensure their strength. To remove any thermal stress left in the glass, the bottles are uniformly reheated to 1040°F in a lehr, then gradually cooled to 300°F, in a process that can take from one and a half to four hours depending on the production and the weight of the finished product.

After they come out of the lehr, the bottles receive a final surface treatment, to make the glass surface smoother and reduce the risk of scuffing that could be caused by transportation, conveyor belts and bottling lines.

Fiabilité et esthétique

How strict quality control translates
into user confidence

All our products are quality controlled individually. Saverglass examines every last detail both by hand and by using automatic equipment to control the finish diameter, bottle dimensions and glass thickness, as well as to identify any possible defects. 

The Saverglass quality charter is applied at all the Group manufacturing plants with the same level of rigor.
The multiple operations of control and testing guarantee that our products are safe for use for both the bottler and the final customer.


The Glassmaking process